Thursday, April 30, 2009

SNAKE IN THE LETTERBOX!!!

I love living in Australia... I have travelled pretty much all over the world, BUT... you can't beat Australia, it's clean, friendly, the weather is FANTASTIC, it still has HUGE potential in many aspects for anybody who really does want to work hard and play hard and I thank the universe 'every day' for giving me the chance to live here! BUT, and there is a BIG BUT (NOT big butt!!)... I am being forever surpised at some of the very strange but beautiful things Australia has ie: Spiders, the REDBACK spider is the most gorgeous looking spider I have ever seen, it's very similar to a BLACKWIDOW except that it has a red stripe down it's back, and it actually eats it's male counterpart after they have mated! I have seen many of the REDBACK spiders in the garden, in the house etc and they can be VERY dangerous if you try to mess with them... however, if you leave them alone they are quite ok!!!

The Kangaroos and EMUS are just hopping anywhere and everywhere out in the bush or in open land which I always find very fascinating, and then there's the KOALAS, and although you don't really see too many in the wild, you do see plenty of them in the zoo's, and then there's the SNAKES, which is where I am going with my story today!!! I went to the letterbox at my house today, opened it up expecting some post and all of a sudden I leapt about five feet into the air, why?, because I was nearly bitten by a snake in the letterbox!!! Now, I don't know if it's somebody who has seen me perform and didn't like the show (only kidding)... it must be living in the brick wall at the end of the garden... I tried to catch it (snakes and spiders don't bother me... although I wouldn't make it a habit of going looking for them), but as soon as I released it's tail it shot back up into the hole in the wall... so it's still there somewhere!!! Now, i'm not a snake handler and never would want to be, although I do admire them for doing the job they do, so I wasn't sure what the snake was, but at that split second it scared the sh*t out of me! :) So, the moral of the story is: ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED in all aspects of your life!

QUOTE OF THE DAY: It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do." Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment